- Best uptime (99.99%)
- Fast, 405 ms load time as average
- Good & quick customer support
- Recommended by WordPress.org
- 1-Click installs for website builders
- Cheap introductory cost
- Some disadvantage
InterServer – Why is it so popular?
InterServer is an affordable hosting provider that offers a particular emphasis on high-quality customer service via multiple channels 24/7. It may not be as mainstream as its closest competitors, but it has many distinguishing features to offer to consumers, such as plenty of one-click installs and price-lock guarantee. They are also well-known for their top-quality hardware to ensure a stable uptime and optimal performance regardless of the chosen package.
Their base plan gives you unlimited email accounts (which is rare), free SSL certificates, unlimited SSD storage, and surprisingly, free website migration. However, their starting price is slightly higher than the competitors’, and the money-back guarantee period is limited to 30 days.
Let’s look closely at InterServer’s pros and cons.
Why are you going to love InterServer?
First of all, it’s an excellent option for customers who operate with security-sensitive data since their facilities are highly secure, with reliable power maintenance controllers, and heightened floors to eliminate risks of damage due to natural elements. Many current customers have migrated from competing providers due to InterServer’s outstanding customer experience provided by their New Jersey-based support team. And don’t forget that they have around 460 FREE scripts available for 1-click installs, and this number continuously grows.
Additional benefits include free backups and a 50% cap on server capacity, which prevents performance issues if traffic level spikes.
Sounds pretty good so far, right? The following section will better show all of the technical features offered by this hosting provider.
- Free site migration
- Registration and transfer of your domain for $1.99 with the purchase of any web hosting package
- 24/7 support via email, live chat and phone
- Easy-to-use control panels
- High-quality server equipment owned and managed by InterServer
- when your traffic grows
- Unlimited email accounts (unlike many others)
- Global content Caching
- Free backups
- SitePad Website Builder
- A 50% cap on server capacity, which ensures smooth operation of your website when traffic spikes
- InterShield Protection included for free, a home-grown security solution that blocks web attacks, automatic virus scanning, and provides machine learning firewall.
- 99.9% uptime guarantee
- Easy one-click install for 461 programs, including popular ones like WordPress and Magento. No wonder that 90% of their existent portfolio are former clients of competing hosting providers
- Thirty days money-back guarantee
- InterServer allows you to upgrade to VPS/dedicated hosting as needed. Please bear in mind that those features are available for all shared hosting options. They also enable resellers to set up websites for multiple clients, and quickly and securely manage their hosting accounts.
InterServer Pros and Cons
Alright, now the fun part. InterServer has a solid reputation for its reliability and high performance. It has a variety of hosting plans – from shared web hosting, WordPress hosting, VPS, and dedicated servers. It might appear somewhat pricy at first sight, but again, you won’t find any hidden charges, and even the base plan is pretty generous in terms of storage, emails, and backups.
- Great uptime guarantee, average uptime is above 99.97%
- One of the most significant advantages is US-based privately owned servers and outstanding security provisions.
- Highly flexible, up and downscaling options
- Price-lock guarantee for life
- A+ BBB Rating. It is the highest rating on how the business is likely to interact with its customers. The BBB rating is based on information about the company, including complaints received from the public.
- Free website migration for new customers.
- Data centers are located in the USA only
- Some customers had a poor experience with live chats, stating that they are rather outsourced, and communication was not as clear as promised. Though email responses are helpful and fast.
- They do charge for adding cPanel with VPS or dedicated hosting options. It is not necessarily an issue if you are okay with using the command line to manage your servers.
- If you’re looking for a fully managed hosting solution, keep in mind that InterServer might not be the best. They do have some managed options, but as your traffic grows and you switch to VPS or a dedicated server, the maintenance will be mostly on you.
So, you might be wondering if InterServer is right for you. Let me give you my input on that.
When to use InterServer?
I would suggest utilizing InterServer if you are a company that provides financial services, banking services, or connected with sensitive data in some way. With this provider, you will not jeopardize your customers’ data. Also, it’s your provider of choice if you plan that your website will grow or already has high traffic. InterServer utilizes only 50% of available resources for your safe scaling without experiencing performance issues.
Moreover, they offer FREE hosting for non-profit organizations with all the perks of standard hosting included.
When not to use InterServer?
First of all, if you have high traffic but don’t have resources to hire a system administrator, you might take a closer look at hosting providers with a broader variety of managed hosting plans, like BlueHost or Hostinger.
Secondly, they shouldn’t be your first option if the vast majority of your website’s audience comes from outside North America.
Is InterServer easy to use?
InterServer has reliable customer support, proven by the positive feedback of hundreds of customers. 70% of InterServer’s existing clientele have switched from other providers simply because they wanted the guarantee of excellent service. Another positive aspect is that they offer standardized cPanel which many administrators have experience working with.
InterServer Pricing Plans
As we have mentioned before, their pricing policy is pretty straight-forward. For instance, they have only one (1) standard web hosting plan available. The price is just $1 for the first three months of usage. Renewals are $5 monthly or $4 when paid for three years at once.
Well, it might not be the cheapest option, but not the most expensive one either. And you have an opportunity to pay monthly with no significant increase in price. This plan includes a lot of free stuff like unlimited SSD storage, emails, SSL certificates, free website migration, and Global content caching. They also have a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Alternative hosting options are Windows ASP.NET WEB HOSTING, private email hosting, e-commerce features, and PRO hosting for resellers.
Windows ASP.NET web hosting is naturally the first choice for those who plan to develop their website using .net language. Most people know how to operate a Windows-based system, and when the user is creating and managing the hosting platform, it comes in handy. Depending on how much you are willing to pay in advance, monthly charges for this plan may vary from $4.00 to $4.75.
Does Hostozilla recommend InterServer?
Short answer – yes, we do—the proven security of InterServer’s facilities and their proven customer service for more than 20 years especially inspire us. We would say that the benefits provided, far outweigh the cost. Their performance has also been excellent (99.97% average uptime).
However, you might consider other providers if your web site’s traffic comes mostly from outside of the US since they do not have offshore servers. It might slightly affect your website’s performance and overall customer experience.
By choosing this provider, you will not face shady business practices, unexpected credit card charges, or any hidden charges.
In conclusion, the consistent delivery and lack of tricky offers make InterServer the right choice for both small businesses and larger organizations. They might not be the most popular hosting provider, and not the go-to option for fully managed hosting consumers. Still, they don’t oversell themselves and have a very high customer retention rate, which speaks for itself.
InterServer Frequently Asked Questions
How safe is InterServer?
Safety is where InterServer truly shines. InterShield Security firewall blocks outside attackers, utilizing machine learning to stay ahead of the threats. Besides, you’ll have access to the ModSecurity tool, providing another layer of firewall defense and Imunify360, which will continuously scan your hosting drive for malicious files.
Who owns InterServer.net? InterServer was co-founded in 1999 by two NJ high school students Mike Lavrik & John Quaglieri. They own and manage the company to this day.
Can I get access to a site builder or wizard on any plan?
Free web site builder SitePad is available with every package. To get detailed information, visit their official website.