Cras in nisi id turpis cursus vulputate. Aliquam at sapien non tellus congue efficitur. Nam scelerisque quam quis turpis pellentesque, in placerat erat laoreet.
- Best uptime (99.99%)
- Fast, 405 ms load time as average
- Good & quick customer support
- Recommended by WordPress.org
- 1-Click installs for website builders
- Cheap introductory cost
- Some disadvantage
FastComet – Can it compete with big hosting providers in 2020?
FastComet is a relatively new hosting provider established in 2013, and it’s a privately-owned company with a total of 70 employees. They operate eleven data centers worldwide and serve around 50K clients. At first glance, their pricing seems to be very affordable. They provide a full range of hosting services, and they get tons of positive feedback from existing customers. Let’s take a closer look at why people like FastComet, and if it’s the right choice for you.
Why you’re going to love FastComet:
As we research different hosting providers, we’ve noticed that not many of them would offer to host your data worldwide. FastComet has 11 server locations including Chicago, London, Singapore, Tokyo, and even Sydney, so you don’t have to worry about your page loading speed regardless of geographical location. Another thing that amazes me is the fact that they do not charge more upon renewal, which is very unusual for the industry. With packages starting at $2.95, it is one of the cheapest providers from a long-term perspective. But are their services as good as they say?
- The average uptime is a remarkable 99.97%
- 24/7/365 customer support
- 45-day money-back guarantee
- Not only they do free daily backups, but also they store them for you for 30 days. Just for comparison, most providers do it out of courtesy and won’t guarantee that they’ll be safe when you need them, or they don’t do them at all.
- Free CloudFare CDN is a distribution network of servers that work together to provide fast delivery of content to your users.
- Website transfer free of charge
- 450 one-click install applications
- Free SSL Certificate provided through Let’s Encrypt
- Unmetered Bandwidth
- Free Domain for life (not just for one year)
- Choice of the data center
FastComet Pros and Cons
- Free domain for life. Many competing companies give you a free domain for the first year of usage and then charge you anywhere from $3 to $17 per month after that. FastComet does have some upsells along the way, but you won’t be overwhelmed by them.
- Friendly, personalized in-house customer support via live chat, and there is no doubt that they are real, experienced professionals (go check it out!).
- Stable, outstanding uptime – 99.97%
- The price of your package doesn’t go up when you renew, a that’s something you don’t see too often. Usually, you have to be very attentive and read what the fine print says. The vast majority of providers will raise your subscription price drastically after the first year or the end of the promo period.
- CloudFare CDN is a great feature that they provide for free even with the cheapest package. With most hosting providers, you’ll have to pay extra for that, if they even provide it at all.
- With their basic FastCloud plan, you get 15GB SSD storage, which is common, but some companies would offer you up to 100GB or unlimited storage.
- Some users claim that loading speed is not the greatest with FastComet, around 807ms. It’s only fair to say that some big names out there show even worse results at times.
Is FastComet easy to use?
It’s effortless to set everything up, and the absence of hidden fees also doesn’t make your life difficult. The C-Panel is standard and straightforward. They have their own website-building tool, which is intuitive, though they might add more templates.
FastComet Pricing Plans
There are only three shared hosting plans with FastComet, and as we have stated before, they don’t raise the price for the second year or the end of the promo period.
With FastCloud, you will get free website migration, multiple hosting locations, domain transfer, free domain for life, and 15GB SSD Storage. The starting price for this package is $2.95/month. Though the storage is limited, that’s enough to host a single website or blog. Plus, it gives you a free SSL Certificate, unlimited subdomains, and databases.
FastCloud Plus gives you everything that FastCloud offers, plus you can host an unlimited number of websites, 25GB SSD Storage, and some advanced features for $4.95/month.
FastCloud Extra is basically the Plus plan with 35GB SSD Storage, more advanced features, and what they call a rocket booster, which is several additional features designed to boost your website’s loading speed and productivity, including Memcached, LiteSpeed LSAPI and they host 3x times fewer customers per server, all for $5.95/month.
Does Hostozilla recommend FastComet?
Yes, we do. We were blown away with the number of features they offer for a reasonable price, their customer-focused service, and straightforward pricing.
There are a few areas that the provider can improve, like website-building templates and page loading speed. Still, those are not the worst in the industry, and depending on the nature of your website/traffic requirements might not be an issue at all.
Frequently asked questions
What are FastComet nameservers?
Put in simple words, that’s the opportunity to rename nameservers that are associated with a particular domain name, as opposed to being associated with the default ones of FastComet. This helps to retain anonymity. More details here.
Who owns FastComet?
Fast Comet is still a privately-owned company with only 35 full-time employees according to LinkedIn, and it’s not entirely clear who owns it today.
Does Fast Comet work with WordPress?
It does. Fast Comet offers tailored WordPress hosting options. The WordPress hosting package comes with a solid set of features, including one-click installation.